06 May 2013

My wonderful husband drives me to work most mornings. Sweet right? He makes my breakfast and packs my lunch too - that's why I have time to start a blog.
Did I say he's cute too? Pretty hot in those Hawkeye  scrubs!
Okay, on to why I think he's especially awesome. It was early and cold one morning in April and I was sipping my coffee, courtesy of him of course, when I saw it - the most perfect dresser! Okay, well it was rough and getting rained on, but it was big! I was pumped. I kept on seeing some awesome dressers people had turned into TV stands, like these:

From Domestic Superhero
after
From U-Create Crafts


You see, we were in sore need of a new TV stand. My mom bought me mine when I got my first apartment in college. Thanks mom! But, after three years of marriage it was time for an upgrade, but unfortunately our budget was still the same, $0.00. 

In our old apartment, Zach enjoying the fire on the fanciest of plastic Walmart stands.


But (there is always a but right?) our truck was broken - again. So, after a 30 second discussion (I may have pulled the it's-my-birthday-month-and-you-have-to-do-it card) I convinced him we decided we should suck it up and carry it home. Did I mention it was only a 1/2 block from our house? So rain, cold, dress clothes, neighbors staring out the window and all, we picked it up and carried it home. And when I said it was big, I meant it was heavy, really heavy and awkward. I had a big red mark on my neck from it the rest of the morning - don't ask.

The only before picture I got!

After stashing it in the garage, note the boxes, I pondered it for about a month. Good news - I finished it this weekend! Come check out the Dresser to TV stand transformation part deux Wednesday.



Popular Posts From The Last Week

People Who Are Better Than Me