30 July 2013


About a thousand years two months ago I did a post on putting burlap on a boxspring. I thought you might like to see the finished product. On a side note, Google keeps correcting my spelling of boxspring. I've made an executive decision that is a compound word and no hyphen is necessary. Little, red, squiggly line is to be ignored from here on out.
The bedspread is orange and tan and is from Target. The curtains are actually navy blue and made by me with Walmart fabric. On the radiator is a floating shelf we want to put in the corner for a nightstand. Good idea, right? This bed got lovingly place in the little guest bedroom. I still need a comforter for in here. I want a navy blue one, but all the navy blue ones I find are reversible with light blue. That just doesn't work for me, I'll hold out for the right one.

Zach cut down dowels and screwed them into the boxspring to give the bed some height. We used 8 total, 3 on each side and two in the middle. We simply poly-ed them and left them looking natural. This was a lot cheaper and actually more stylish than the legs you could buy at the store. I know, dowels have no style, but you should've seen the pre-made legs. We had to buy special double-headed screws from a hardware store to make it all work. If you plan to copy, be prepared for strange looks from the employees while you describe what you want and why. 

The best part of this bed was carrying it outside from the garage to inside the house at 3am while our neighbors sat outside and questioned our sanity. You see, our first house guests since finishing all of this were set to arrive at 9. We like to do things last minute. Back to the bed, we've had two guests stay in the bed so far and neither has complained. The bed is sturdy and comfy. Success!

Popular Posts From The Last Week

People Who Are Better Than Me