28 July 2013

We had a freak wind/rain storm that lasted all of about five minutes on Thursday. Unfortunately we lost a tree during the few seconds it was blowing.

It stinks because it was a healthy tree that provided some great shade and privacy to our house. Today I went out and made the tree look this this:


Bam.
Seriously, I chopped it all by myself. The whole time I kept hearing my mom sing "I am woman, hear me roar" in my head. Did I mention I did it all with a handsaw? All muscle power, lady-style.


Well, I couldn't let Zach take it all to the recycling center  as yard waste (he's helpful), it just seemed... wasteful. So I decided to google crafts about using logs. I found the following:

created at: 08/28/2011

All of these are awesome, but they would 1) take a while or 2) required supplies I don't have. So, I made a quick mental inventory and whipped up a craft. Because let's be honest - I'm impatient and when I wanna craft, I wanna craft now. I'm about half way done with it now, but I'll give you a sneak peak!

Love the macro setting on my phone

I know I haven't been blogging - I suck. We've been busy and gotten tons done, so I just need to update it for you all. Also, our computer is awful. It overheats and shuts off randomly, so if you'd like to give me a new one... For my final excuse, I'd like to use this photographic evidence.
You see? It's her fault. She won't let me type. And for one more adorable Cedar picture to close out the post.


Big booty

Popular Posts From The Last Week

People Who Are Better Than Me