09 May 2013

The title isn't pretty, but really it was carpet with stains... around the toilet. Gross. And it smelled. Are you noticing a theme?


Let's step back to July 18, 2012, the day we closed on our house. It was hot and late afternoon. Most people might start moving things in or just enjoying their new home. No, not us. Once the key was in our hand, we went inside, pulled up the remaining carpet in the house and drove it to the dump. And by we I mean Zach because I wasn't touching it.
Technically removing the landing carpet, but still the same day & time. Can you spot the bottle of bleach? Not kidding.

Now, we had a floor with weird linoleum covered in adhesive. Not pretty, but at least bleachable. I'd love to tear out that whole bathroom and make it beautiful... but we can't swing it yet. Plus, the flooring is connected to the kitchen, and I'd like to make it all flow. And we definitely can't swing the kitchen gut remodel right now.


"Help me, I'm poor."


So instead, we went to Mendards and found the cheapest floor tile we could to hold us over for a year or two (or three or four) until we can redo the whole thing. The hubs did this while I was away, and said  the peel and stick was pretty easy except for the cutting. But I think it looks a-okay for a $15 dollar job. 

Seriously ugly vanity. Can you see the "distressing"?
Again, not the tile style I eventually want, but it is at least presentable now! And bleachable.

Popular Posts From The Last Week

People Who Are Better Than Me