17 May 2013

I wanted to share my design inspiration board for the Big Guest Bedroom with you all - and Zach. He refuses to get on Pinterest. Apparently it's all too girly-girl for him. I'll eventually convince him otherwise, never worry. To get you (and him) to see what I see, I created an inspiration board.

Now, I've always been wary of being too themed. I don't want to get kitschy. However, my fear of theme has always led me to tans, browns, and other boring, staple pieces. That boat stops here. Our Big Guest Bedroom has two pretty awesome views of the lake and I want to play on that. I think a nautical theme will be a fun change of pace for us and our visitors. Let me know what you think - is it too intense or cliche?

Oh - and just imagine this all with our very vintage brass bed.


  1. Floor Length White Curtains - $95 at Overstock
  2. Dark Blue Walls - Style Inspiration at House to Home
  3. Large Vintage Coral Piece - $125 at Etsy
  4. Coral Dresser - $800 at Cottage Home Main
  5. Whimsical Nautical Print - $54 at Etsy
  6. Small Coral Pieces - $38 at Etsy
  7. Grey & White Striped Rug - $300 at Crate & Barrel
  8. Candle Lanterns - $27 & $36 at Kohl's
  9. Rope Lamp - $369 at Lamps Plus

A few beauties didn't make it on the board, but are still in my mental design:
Pine Cone Hill Rosary White Quilt | Gracious StyleHunter 52-in Allegheny New Bronze Outdoor Ceiling Fan with Light Kit
White textured quilt - $414 at Gracious Style
Grey/Brown Rattan Chair & Cushion - $559 at Crate & Barrel
Fan & Light - $169 at Lowe's

Now, will I really spend over 2,000 on just a chair, rug, quilt, and dresser? No. I'm cheap and poor - a helpful combination. I will be looking for lookalikes and DIY projects, but I do adore the designs. What will I really buy? Probably that whale print and the fan. Oh, and I already bought the paint - it's called Sailor's Jacket. How wonderfully perfect for the "theme"?

Popular Posts From The Last Week

People Who Are Better Than Me